The New Old Maplestory Forums!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't forget to read the IMPROVED rules!

+3
Whatshername
blizen
Skittles
7 posters

There is a zombie outbreak

Skittles

There is a zombie outbreak Empty There is a zombie outbreak

Post by Skittles Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:29 pm

What will you do?
    blizen
    blizen

There is a zombie outbreak Empty Re: There is a zombie outbreak

Post by blizen Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:05 pm

Its time for a MOSH PIT!
    Whatshername
    Whatshername

Post by Whatshername Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:08 pm

I would go to the.... uh...

-Stares at the Fuzz for a few seconds before continuing-

I would go to the nearest mall and set up refuge there, locking out all the zombies. I would bring as many people as I could who weren't transformed yet. I would create a new civilization there, welcoming strays who survived and could make it here.

Yes I have thought this through before.
    And have tried to make a novel out of it.
    Never really got going.
    blizen
    blizen

Post by blizen Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:58 pm

Emi...you just recreated the movie "28 days later" i believe o_e

Shock, is becoming a zombie an option?
    Skittles

Post by Skittles Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:50 am

Maybe.

If you're gonna infect me, no.

You can infect that other person though. o-o
    Danneh
    Danneh

Post by Danneh Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:52 pm

Um, mall? No. Bad idea.

It wouldn't take long for the zombies to break the glass window panes near the doors, which pretty much every single mall out there has for the sake of advertisement.

Also, consider the fact that people are going to panic when word gets out that there's a zombie outbreak. A mall is basically a giant concentration of people to swarm in a panicking mess... and to get infected by stray zombies.

Once one or two zombies get into the mall, they'll multiply like rabbits and will soon overrun and destroy whatever human population is inside. Then the zombies will radiate outwards to the surrounding areas of the mall, most likely overrunning those areas as well.

tl;dr: A mall, and any other large public place, is a bad idea. A terrible idea, no less.
    Whatshername
    Whatshername

Post by Whatshername Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:49 pm

Well there would have to be someplace large and stocked with food you could escape to, and the mall would be your best bet. .-. I suppose it depends on the zombies, I mean it's unknown how intelligent they are or how strong they are or what. If they're pretty stupid you could get some material to blacken the windows and make them seem opaque so the zombies would figure they were walls. Either way it'd only be temporary before you could form some kind of army against them.
    Skittles

Post by Skittles Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Alien invasion. Very Happy

Icky

Location : south of somewhere, north of nowhere, east of the end, west of the beginning

Post by Icky Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Well, if you still have stuff stockpiled from Y2K, then your house is a wonderful place to survive a zombie outbreak.
    Plus, if you keep things on the second story, things are relatively safe. Zombies can't do stairs?
    Danneh
    Danneh

Post by Danneh Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:39 pm

Whatshername wrote:Well there would have to be someplace large and stocked with food you could escape to, and the mall would be your best bet. .-. I suppose it depends on the zombies, I mean it's unknown how intelligent they are or how strong they are or what. If they're pretty stupid you could get some material to blacken the windows and make them seem opaque so the zombies would figure they were walls. Either way it'd only be temporary before you could form some kind of army against them.

Zombies have no "intelligence", however, their senses are incredibly sharp. Basically, say that a zombie were to hear you from inside the mall, and you sprayed the windows black. The zombie would then moan and close in on your position, then whatever blocks its path first, be it a window or even a brick wall, the zombie will begin clawing at it in an attempt to take it down.

The problem arises from that zombie's moans; the constant sound will likely alert any zombies nearby and any that happen to pass by in their aimless search for food, and you'll soon have enough zombies swarming your location to topple even a brick wall under the weight of the masses.

Icky wrote:Well, if you still have stuff stockpiled from Y2K, then your house is a wonderful place to survive a zombie outbreak.
    Plus, if you keep things on the second story, things are relatively safe. Zombies can't do stairs?

True, true. But you need to make sure your place is well fortified, and it's recommended to have the staircase torn down.

If you don't have a fortified barrier, it won't take very long for a zombie or two to invade your house, and then you'll have several more for reasons stated above. And even if you have your staircase torn down, consider this:

A few days after one zombie breaks in, more and more of them swarm, attempting to get into the attic to reach you, but they all fail. Eventually they'll collapse for some reason or another and wind up piled up by the ledge of your attic. Give it enough time and there will be an artificial "staircase" of zombies that others will use to stumble into your hiding spot. Then you're in big trouble.

...Of course this all depends on the level of the outbreak. My points apply to Class 2 and 3 outbreaks, honestly. Class 1 outbreaks are too small and if a class 4 outbreak occurs, we're pretty much all fcked.
    Kazz
    Kazz

Post by Kazz Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:37 pm

well what would happen if there where zombies like the ones in 28 days later, but only to add to the suspense, they could fly. what could we do then? D:
    Danneh
    Danneh

Post by Danneh Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:24 am

Kazz wrote:well what would happen if there where zombies like the ones in 28 days later, but only to add to the suspense, they could fly. what could we do then? D:

Die.
    Kazz
    Kazz

Post by Kazz Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:33 am

danneh, i would like you to be my partner in a zombie apocolypse. -hands you a shotgun-

care to join me? :O.
    Danneh
    Danneh

Post by Danneh Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Kazz wrote:danneh, i would like you to be my partner in a zombie apocolypse. -hands you a shotgun-

care to join me? :O.

*snaps shotgun in half and throws it on the ground* BAD.

Shotguns are meant for body blows. A body blow isn't going to kill a zombie, it can knock them over but the crippled zombie on the ground is still a hazard to us and any other possible survivors.

Plus, shotguns are heavy and cumbersome. Definitely not an ideal weapon for an apocalypse setting, where we'll be on the move constantly.
    Kazz
    Kazz

Post by Kazz Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:06 am

-ties nuke to danny's back then-

Very Happy.

-gets the fastest machine gun in the world-

if the zombies get to crowded imma shoot the nuke and well all go KABOOOOOM.

k?
    Icky

Location : south of somewhere, north of nowhere, east of the end, west of the beginning

Post by Icky Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:15 am

But think of all of the ammo you would need for a machine gun. And half of your rounds would do nothing.

A nice blade is where it's at. Never needs more ammo, only might need sharpened.
    Kazz
    Kazz

Post by Kazz Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:55 pm

hmm. a blade would be verry risky wouldn't it? it would be to close for comfort.

a flamethrower? :O
    Danneh
    Danneh

Post by Danneh Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Depends on the kind of blade.

Knives are only good for emergencies. It's not strong enough to penetrate the skull directly, but jamming it into a zombie's temple will usually result in a kill. Of course, eventually your knife will get stuck, or you won't have enough time to remove it, but either way, getting that close to a zombie just to kill it... no, you'd be better off just running away.

Also, should you choose to keep a knife as your close-quarters weapon, serrated knives are very, very bad. The teeth on the blade will lead to the knife getting stuck after one use. With a smooth bladed knife, you at least have a chance of recovering the weapon after use.

There are two decent bladed weapons; a machete or a (real, not replica) katana. The machete is good for its utility, sturdy blade, ease of access... A katana has more killing power than a machete though, both because of the length of the blade, the weight, and if it's a real katana, the blade will be sharper than a machete's.

Of course, you'll need to train yourself with your weapon of choice. Going out there without any experience with your weapons equals suicide, basically.

Also, a flamethrower? Much, much worse than a shotgun. Not only are flamethrowers EXTREMELY heavy and cumbersome, most of them aren't readily accessible by those not in the military. Plus, I believe the flamethrower was abandoned long ago even by our military.

And that's not even the beginning of what's wrong with it! Should you happen to obtain a (illegal, by the way) flamethrower, and attempt to use it, well... zombies are flammable. But they burn slowly. And not to mention, zombies have no sense of pain. Even if they're burning, they'll continue to march at you slowly, likely lighting whatever they come in contact with on fire as well. Burning zombies are much worse than regular zombies.
    Kazz
    Kazz

Post by Kazz Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:47 pm

danny what about a light saber? wouldnt that work? o-o
    Danneh
    Danneh

Post by Danneh Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:29 pm

Kazz wrote:danny what about a light saber? wouldnt that work? o-o

Kazz
    Kazz

Post by Kazz Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:40 pm

and why must you reply with that eversoepic nooo? :O

couldnt it just like, cut through the zombies and shit. D:
    Whatshername
    Whatshername

Post by Whatshername Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:58 am

Danneh wrote:
    Whatshername wrote:Well there would have to be someplace large and stocked with food you could escape to, and the mall would be your best bet. .-. I suppose it depends on the zombies, I mean it's unknown how intelligent they are or how strong they are or what. If they're pretty stupid you could get some material to blacken the windows and make them seem opaque so the zombies would figure they were walls. Either way it'd only be temporary before you could form some kind of army against them.

Zombies have no "intelligence", however, their senses are incredibly sharp. Basically, say that a zombie were to hear you from inside the mall, and you sprayed the windows black. The zombie would then moan and close in on your position, then whatever blocks its path first, be it a window or even a brick wall, the zombie will begin clawing at it in an attempt to take it down.

The problem arises from that zombie's moans; the constant sound will likely alert any zombies nearby and any that happen to pass by in their aimless search for food, and you'll soon have enough zombies swarming your location to topple even a brick wall under the weight of the masses.

Once again it depends on the zombie. :/ Zombies may have intelligence or may not. I'm a big zombie book person, trust me, and every book I read the zombies get around, think, sense and spread the disease in different ways. Sometimes they don't even spread any disease, they only zombify when they die, though I suppose if they killed you they would technically be spreading something, and sometimes the zombies are perfectly thinking human beings who have no intention to kill you. -Has read a book about zombies that talk about them like they talk about the Holocaust or the black rights movement down South, LOL-
    Danneh
    Danneh

Post by Danneh Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Whatshername wrote:
    Danneh wrote:

Once again it depends on the zombie. :/ Zombies may have intelligence or may not. I'm a big zombie book person, trust me, and every book I read the zombies get around, think, sense and spread the disease in different ways. Sometimes they don't even spread any disease, they only zombify when they die, though I suppose if they killed you they would technically be spreading something, and sometimes the zombies are perfectly thinking human beings who have no intention to kill you. -Has read a book about zombies that talk about them like they talk about the Holocaust or the black rights movement down South, LOL-

Read the Zombie Survival Guide.
    Danneh
    Danneh

Post by Danneh Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:25 pm

Kazz wrote:and why must you reply with that eversoepic nooo? :O

couldnt it just like, cut through the zombies and shit. D:

Yes, the epic NOOOOO can cut through the zombies.
    Kazz
    Kazz

Post by Kazz Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:42 pm

Danneh wrote:

Yes, the epic NOOOOO can cut through the zombies.

i mean the lightsaber. D: .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:52 pm