The New Old Maplestory Forums!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't forget to read the IMPROVED rules!

+2
Whatshername
Icky
6 posters

starting to get nervous...

Icky

Location : south of somewhere, north of nowhere, east of the end, west of the beginning

starting to get nervous... Empty starting to get nervous...

Post by Icky Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:28 pm

So I move to college on Saturday. I've started packing today. It's so weird. It feels like I'm packing my life away in boxes and sending everything that defines me to a place that is hours away from where I have defined myself in the past. I feel like if I forget something, I'm leaving a piece of myself behind. And I feel like there is a part of me that is staying behind any way since I won't be bringing my DnD books or my paintball stuff. I found out my roommate is an early bird, and I'm a night owl. I want it all to work, but I just don't know any more. I won't have any friends there. My best friend will be an hour away though, but he doesn't have a car. My parents think I'm going to fail. But they tell my relatives that they are proud of me... they never tell me that though. Instead I get to hear about how I'm going to fail. And how I'll never succeed. And when it comes to clubs, dad tells me to join a few, mom tells me to join none. They both are adamant about their point, but they conflict with each other. I just don't know where I stand any more. I've wanted nothing more than to get away from my parents for years. And now I get the chance and dad is threatening to be a "helicopter parent" because he doesn't think I can handle it. Dad's mad at me today because I just started packing at like 5. I work best at night. But that isn't efficient, so it's not ok by his standards. I don't want to live by his standards any more. I want to live by mine. But all I'm ever told is how much of a failure I'll be if I follow my standards. I feel like if I don't fly away, I'll just sink deeper and deeper until I drown. I don't have anything in common with my roommate besides our major. I'm just me, but it feels like I'm just not good enough. And most of you probably don't care to read this. Hell, I'm not even going to read this. I just needed to say something to someone. So now you've read my thoughts.

tl;dr version: I was excited for college, but now I'm scared that I won't succeed.

Anyway, so yeah, hope I amused you or something. You can now return to your regularly scheduled lives.

~Icky
    Whatshername
    Whatshername

starting to get nervous... Empty Re: starting to get nervous...

Post by Whatshername Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:39 pm

\<
    Aaahh fuck your parents' standards. As long as your happy with where you've gotten you've lived up to the standards.
    THE standards.

Nothing in common? Did you ask about music? Music always starts conversation. ^-^
    And even if that doesn't work, no worries, you'll probably end up chatting about what weird teachers you have and all that the first day. It isn't amazing, off-the-wall conversation but it'll eventually dig up a few things you have in common. O.o
    I survive in school by talking about that crap.

You're starting a clean slate by being off to college, Icky. It is like leaving the old you behind- you're starting life anew, how you want to live it. : D

-Doesn't know what she's talking about-
    I hate being 12. No experience to help others with.
    blizen
    blizen

Post by blizen Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:23 pm

taya-
    nyeh ur dad is ALMOST as bad as mine i so get what ur saying about the parent thing.
    and be happy u get to GO to college =p
    lol music is rly somthing to talk about huh...
    blizen-
    if all else fails KILL EM ALL!
    give them all a necrostadistic warning f3
    michelle
    michelle

Post by michelle Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:43 pm

My brother's also going back on Saturday; he's a sophomore. In fact, he met a lot of people that he knew from sports, and I'm pretty sure once you make a friend or something, it'll be fine.

I mean, my brother made it through. That just proves anyone can be successful if they try.

LOL I sound like a mother.
    chibiichigo
    chibiichigo

Post by chibiichigo Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:41 pm

Oh, freshman orientation and move in on ASUs (Appalachian State University) campus has just begun, so the entire town is filled with what amounts to basically 70,000 stupid parents who dont know where to go.
    Katlin
    Katlin

Post by Katlin Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:41 pm

Lol my mom met all her friends at college. But still, don't worry you'll be fine : D You won't fail i promise or just come to nj and kill me : D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:45 am