The New Old Maplestory Forums!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't forget to read the IMPROVED rules!

3 posters

let us all speak in large terms and complex meanins, of the mind and what people believe...

dmkrodan
    dmkrodan

let us all speak in large terms and complex meanins, of the mind and what people believe... Empty let us all speak in large terms and complex meanins, of the mind and what people believe...

Post by dmkrodan Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:12 am

I wish us to all speak in complex terms and thoughts, about what we really percieve as reality, and what you belive as a person that you really have true control over in thsi crappy life called life.
    Icky

Location : south of somewhere, north of nowhere, east of the end, west of the beginning

let us all speak in large terms and complex meanins, of the mind and what people believe... Empty Re: let us all speak in large terms and complex meanins, of the mind and what people believe...

Post by Icky Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:17 pm

o.O I would prefer not to be overly verbose...
    Reality cannot simply be put as what you believe to be real. Because "real" cannot be defined. So therefore, reality is the world that your mind believes to be true based upon the stimulus it receives and it is based upon the way the mind interprets those signals. Reality, in this sense, is the physical objects that you believe you experience and touch. The perception of those objects cannot therefore be reality because it is different for everyone. So because each person's mind interprets the signals differently, the perception of the "real" world cannot be reality.

As for the second question, what you have control over in this life, it all depends on how you look at it. Personally, I am more of a humanist than a behaviorist. I believe that individuals have the potential to become "great," but many fall short of reaching it or even realizing it. In other words, you have a lot of control because you could be great, but you have no control because a single misstep in the wrong place could put you off of the path of greatness.

As a personal belief that is somewhat related, (if this is off-topic, let me know) I see life as a big ocean. You have the potential to be the leader of a fleet of ships that sail into greatness, but before you can reach it, you have to learn to sail on your own and not be led astray be delusions.
    dmkrodan
    dmkrodan

let us all speak in large terms and complex meanins, of the mind and what people believe... Empty Re: let us all speak in large terms and complex meanins, of the mind and what people believe...

Post by dmkrodan Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:41 pm

Very good retort to my firing of cannons so to speak....

and no you were not off topic. I , for the first time.... being the fact that I never agree fully with anyone. .. agree with you on this point....
    Icky

Location : south of somewhere, north of nowhere, east of the end, west of the beginning

Post by Icky Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:30 pm

^-^
    Yay!

Actually I had a lot of thought into this subject. Reality I conquered when I was a freshman because we read 1984. How much control you have in life is something I've always contemplated, but I fleshed out some of my views in psychology. The sea/boat/fleet analogy I came up with after a breakup.
    I think a lot...
    Whatshername
    Whatshername

Post by Whatshername Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 pm

Life is not crappy in general.
    It just is for SOME people.

Everyone has at least one happy moment sometime in their life...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:17 am