The New Old Maplestory Forums!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't forget to read the IMPROVED rules!

+6
chibiichigo
michelle
Whatshername
Lilly
Werguild
blizen
10 posters

how it all started

blizen
    blizen

how it all started Empty how it all started

Post by blizen Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:25 pm

Well one boring boring say i was playing pokemon with my brother, it was a close match, his lvl 100 requaza(how ever you spell it) versus my lvl 83(i think)metagross(how ever you spell it). now my health was higher but he had used fire blast on me at least 3 times and my meteor mash was hurting him(cuz i used protein and vitamin or which ever one's up's attack and special attack) so the match one close,fire blast missed and my physic comfused him, tehn i got even luckier cuz he hurt himself causing him to lose the match,WOOT.so hes goes off a little mad cuz he thinks i cheated and got on newgrounds.com and we look at all types of funny pokemon spoofs. one of them was called "pukamon(i think) and iw as labeled hintai(THIS STARTS ANOTHER STORY SO I'LL TALK ABOUT HOW I GOT INTO HENTAI LATER XD), at that time i got into going to newgrounds alot for a laug(and some hentai) tehn out of nowhere i see a banner saying "run away from home, dye your hair, get away with murder, join maplestory then new MMORPG" i had no i dea what an MMORPG was cuz my games wher either pokemon or megaman. over time that banner kept playing in my head cuz i allways wanted to get awaya with murder or run awaya from home(i still haven't gotten a chance to run away yet tho...) so at arounf 8 P.M i told myself,"LETS TRY SOMETHING NEW" so i clicked teh banner and started reading about the game, it wasnt easy to understand but i understood "download". while it was downloading i tried even harder to understand the game and i went to newgrounds(of all places) to see if i could find somthing...nothing(cuz i geuss noone rly knew about teh game). my connection wasnt as fast as it is now(NOT EVEN CLOSE)so ot toke about 2 hours to get. i killed time by taking a shower and playing Sonic Adventure 2: Battle on the gamecube(i miss my cube F4). when it finished it tooke about 30 minutes to install(slow comp back then). i accually went to sleep leaving the comp on. that morning at about 5 A.M(i get up early even tho the bus didnt come until like 8 A.M) i got dressed and allmost forgot about the game, IT FINISHED INSTALLING! but when i tried to play it, teh screen would go black the music you here befor you see "nexon or wizet" would play and not finish(the first of my problems) so i figured what if i try to re-download it,-teh school day passed, it was friday so i had alot of time(weekend) to do this. IT WORKED but i had to restart the comp everytime i wanted to play it. so i get on and forgot to make an account! well blazen was takin so i used what i learned in elementary,vowels! and thats how i got BL"I"ZEN Surprised . so i get back on maple and i had to make a char name..."TK(my first and middle name)...THUNDER(for power,valor,awsome,^^) i didnt roll teh dice but i ended up with good warrior stats, on maple island i remeber a guy named badsonic(with some numbers) and a girl named xcrowe, they where my only freinds and we died so many times thinking teh way to elena was thru sleepywood LOL

TOO BE CONTINUED

i accually wrote this story down in my 8th grade journal o.o but i kinda didnt get all teh details unlike now

Last edited by blizen on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Werguild
    Werguild

how it all started Empty Re: how it all started

Post by Werguild Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:39 pm

Well, I was getting used to this new routine of going out with my friend instead of staying locked inside my room.
    After a week or so of having fun outside, we decide to play videogames for a while. I then stumbled upon an Ms ad in this old GI magazine, from my collection. So then I told Orlando that I'll catch up with him later, since we were going back outside again. I type in the website on my computer, that was the last day I would ever sleep with out "feeling" SOMETHING...

I stopped going outside. Caring about my health. Caring about school- or even sleep.
    I lost touch with my friend Orlando for half a year, and spent the rest of the year in deep regret.
    For the year after that, I entered the private server circuit, destroying the gameplay of the thing that stole the life away from me. Now I'm just a hollow shell of my former self, I grew distant from any goals I had, and I'm soon to be facing the world alone, and emotionally scarred...

All while covering it in a charade as most here think as my persona-

I sometimes wonder how my life would've been if I never decided to "check out this game" on that day...
    Lilly
    Lilly
    Admin

Post by Lilly Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:54 pm

One day after school my brother's friend suggested we play it. The end. o_o Very nice story, eh?
    Whatshername
    Whatshername

Post by Whatshername Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:01 pm

Lilly showed me it. o.o
    At first I basically never went near the computer except for school assignments.
    But then when I started, I eventually couldn't go without playing it at least once a day.
    I would get angry at my dad when he was busy working on one of his scripts {We only had one computer at that time} and would lock myself in my room
    ...Blarg
    BUT.
    I started to buy more books which kept me from the game and all
    Hung out with those friends who don't know anything about mapling more then I did before
    And now I like, never play.
    Very Happy Now I just go on the computer to chat with friends or type stories and such on Word.

Though... I never will quite be the same person again.
    Idk if that's good or bad...
    michelle
    michelle

Post by michelle Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:13 pm

I think Maple's changed me more for the worse. o-o
    And now MMVs are my latest computer obsession.
    chibiichigo
    chibiichigo

Post by chibiichigo Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:31 pm

how it started: My friends uncles jessie who lives with his parents told us about it. I went home googled it and downloaded it about a week later. I got hooked, i made my character chibi ichigo (I hate bleach still to this day...). I had some friends from the start (Met jake at level 11 and i met two others [hokamaku and spirets were there names]) I kept playing. I met more people, me and jake were looking desperately for a guild, and than we found pathogen. It was amazing for us for some reason, no one would accept a couple of low level thieves, though neither of us got why. A couple of people were friends with me than, spirets left and never saw her and hoka never logged on. Kat and Justin were some of the friends in pathogen, but at level 28 i got depressed and quit right after the christmas event. I started playing on one of my friends characters (We shared an account), Somol. I got to level 30, and than jake finally found me again. All was good, until level 40 me him and kat were tight, and in justins new guild (Cynical was it?) we talked quite a bit. IT got even better once i met danny and others on the fourms durring the summer. we started playing togeather, i stopped grinding. the game was now very social and i loved it. I played for nearly two years and got on a p server. Than i quit. Cold turkey, never to play again. I ish prud ufm yself.
    blizen
    blizen

Post by blizen Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:58 pm

EDITED!
    dmkrodan
    dmkrodan

Post by dmkrodan Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:38 am

well i had a girlfriend. we played a different game together.... every day... same game... twas doom.

met her there too.

i got tired of it. my connection was bad and i wasnt that great with it anyways.

i started to remember that when i was in schoo la year prior i had noticed banners for maplestory, thought i would try.

my first mistake was to do that.

the second one was to invite her too.

now dont get me wrong...the game was fine..for a bit... and yes i could have fun with her ... but... i did not know that my girlfriend in particular would run the game so far into the ground that id lose the heart to ever play it again.

i got to level 30. stayed there for about 4 months. then i got another burst of playingness, got to 62. she ran it into the ground again. then events transpired that pissed me off, and made me leave (i would continue on that note but that is a different story about...how foolish some people are. not too mention that we as humans are way too human to be able to ever achive peace-_-). i left maplestory, and any other mmorpg, to start my writing up again,and to save myself from making an ass of myself by expressing my opinion and ultimately ruining her and mine's reputation., I thought i would leave it alone, and forgive her, and let it rest. other things transpired before i had wanted to get on again, making me DEFINITELY want to be away LONGER so that i don't explode, so i decided to play trickster.then my compy died.

three long years it has been. i thought that maybe if i went to a new server, that id be able to start over, that id find some enjoyment in online games again, and maybe id stifle my nostalgia, and try the pirate class. i did...

so far i got him to level 52... and have quit.

again ive lost the heart to continue playing.

but i guess ill never learn.

I am not ever going to play maplestory again. i may log on top talk to some of my new and old friends, butnot for long... ill use msn and yahoo messenger over it....

even with all the great friends and memories i made playing maplestory and using its forums, i fear that the bad memories overshadow everything,

i wont say any names, and i advise everyone that knows who she is to not say a FUCKING word. Even after everything that transpired i still care for her, and love her somewhat, and mean her no ill will. DONT SPREAD ANY BULLSHIT RUMORS AND I WONT SHOVE A HANDFUL OF SAND IN YOUR MOUTH, KICK YOU, AND MAKE YOU DROP LIKE A PUSSY.

and I do have to say that no one shoudl have any objections to this, otherwise they are just a nosy little fire starting pussy.

the fire is not burning right now. DONT START IT UP.
    I am not in the mood to be congenial, and im depressed and hate the world as it is. do not give me a reason to crack and ruin everything i have worked for.
    chibiichigo
    chibiichigo

Post by chibiichigo Sun May 10, 2009 4:01 pm

how it all started Objection

That was...objectionable.
    Katlin
    Katlin

Post by Katlin Fri May 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Well, Lilly showed me and i started playing. I made a very nooby character and deleted that character. I then made an I/L Mage, got her to lv 59. I then quit her and made a sin, got my sin to lv 58 and quit her. -lot of new characters made most never got to lv 30- I then made a fighter.. I loved her. She did awesome damage. I got her to lv 61. I then bought a VIP z-helm, figuring a needed one. When I got back on my character, all my equips were gone. I then decided to make a f/p mage. She is level 37 at the moment. I like playing on her, she does sufficent damage, but I stil misss my fighter T_T (Btw my f/p mage's name is xGoldFireex if you want to contact me. My world is bellocan, so talk to me Very Happy)
    Kazz
    Kazz

Post by Kazz Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:50 pm

Well...one day i was lurking on Neopets (was 10 at the time. DONT ASK!) and i found the same banner blizen found..."run away from home..etc" and once we got out of summer,(2 months later) i was like,"WTh why not try it?" went..took me a while to download and made my first character. Slayer3246 (or something like that..) and i got to lvl 30. (it was hell because i didnt know how to do ANYTHING!) So after that, i saw the old bello forums and found my first friend. Icky. (still <3 you icky! thanks for introducing me to the forums!) after a few posts, i made my first party and was freaking bad-ass. Months later i destoryed a relation ship, (donut and kayla) and got with kayla. Very Happy. then everything went down hill from there. I played for 4 more years, everyone quit and i quit also. And now we are all here! Very Happy.
    Danneh
    Danneh

Post by Danneh Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:53 am

Ah... pretty much, I saw an ad for it in the back of a magazine and I thought it looked cool.

Never had internet at the time though, but when I got a connection 4 years ago, I decided to try the game.

It was FUCKING LAGGY on my old computer... like, not even kidding you. I had my settings to where it consumed the least amount of memory, and it STILL constantly disconnected, as you could tell.

I played to about level 25 (which took me a month on Herrag), then went on the forums, and met... you all.

First friend on there was Wer, I believe... then came Steph, then Kazz, then a bunch of other people who all mysteriously vanished.

I made friends, found love (Grace, lul), and a bunch of other shit that helped mold me into the motherfucker I am today.

Yeah.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:50 am